TSB (second_batgirl) wrote in newsies100,
TSB
second_batgirl
newsies100

  • Mood:
  • Music:

Clearly, I am insane - 9 more

(For the record, the last group of drabbles were Assassins, Annie, and Little Shop respectively)

Title: Into the woods
Newsie: Race
Pairing: Javid
Rating: PG
Notes: I think I've lost my mind. MPREG, you have been warned. Blame Jess and Alicia (Oh, um, Into the Woods)

David and Jack didn’t know why the witch had appeared at their door. They led a simple life, as bakers, and their witch neighbor was terrifying. She hobbled in, and pointed at David’s stomach. “Nothing cooking in there now, is there?” she croaked. David gaped. “You wish to have a child?” she continued. “I’ll need a certain potion first. Go to the woods and bring me back the cow as white as milk.” The witch continued to list other strange items that they couldn’t comprehend. But if this would let them have a child… they would go to the woods.

Title: Follies - waiting for the girl upstairs
Newsie: Race
Pairing: none
Rating: G
Notes: Les Centric, based on Follies

Les looked up at the remains of Irving Hall. He couldn’t believe that they were all coming for a reunion before it was torn down. All of them, Medda’s dancers, who had loved taking part in the follies so much. It had been his life for so long, and then he had left it all behind. But now, for one last night, they were all back to reminisce about their time dancing.
He stared up at the stairs, remembering the time he had spent, waiting for the girls upstairs to finish getting ready for a night out after their show.

Title: We're in the money
Newsie: Race
Pairing: Blush, sort of
Rating: G
Notes: lyrics are from 42nd street

Mush couldn’t believe his luck. He’d found a dime in the street. That would probably be able to help him pay for his lodging that night, and maybe he could even manage to go out for some real food. He certainly didn’t have to worry about paying for his papers the next day, as it had been slow selling. An extra dime would help him so much.
“Blink!” he called excitedly to his selling partner. “Look! We’re in the money!”
Blink grinned, and looked at the shiny new dime that Mush held in his hands. They would eat well tonight.

Title: This is the moment
Newsie: Race
Pairing: Jack/Sarah. Shut up.
Rating: G
Notes: Yay Jekyll & Hyde! Mad scientist Jack is stolen from Alicia and Jess

Jack held the vial up to the light. It had become that perfect shade of lavender which meant that the mixture would be ready for consumption. But those stupid people down at the center just didn’t understand his research. They felt that there was a fundamental flaw in his program. Jack didn’t understand how they could think that way. He needed to test this now, before he married Sarah. He needed to make the name for himself, to provide a cure. His decision was then made. He thought for a moment, and then drank it all down. He would succeed.

Title: BA in English
Newsie: Race
Pairing: none
Rating: G
Notes: I crack me up. Avenue Q based. Like, stolen directly from.

David groaned. He didn’t know what he could do anything with a BA in English. What was his life going to be? He’d spent four years in college, gotten plenty of knowledge, and earned this useless degree. He couldn’t pay his bills, he had no skills… his life sucked. He couldn’t afford any of the housing that he’d seen so far. Even Avenue A was too expensive. He just continued wandering around the city, going farther away from the good neighborhoods until he reached Avenue Q. This neighborhood didn’t look as bad… and there was even a for rent sign!

Title: Life is a cabaret
Newsie: Race
Pairing: Javid
Rating: PG
Notes: my 100th drabble! Cabaret

David didn’t know why he had fled to Berlin. His book wasn’t going anywhere, and Paris certainly hadn’t helped him. This change of scene… maybe it would manage to improve things. He didn’t know how he had managed to find his way to the Kit Kat Klub, but he was glad he did. The dancer… this Jack Kelly… he had the most amazing Welsh accent that David had ever heard. He was glad that someone spoke English, but an accent… David could never resist that. It was almost midnight, and he wanted to kiss Jack when the new year came.

Title: Dreamboys
Newsie: Race
Pairing: Javid
Rating: PG
Notes: Lyrics are from Dreamgirls. It still counts!

David couldn’t believe that Jack was trying to push him away like this. He couldn’t actually think that David was going to let him to go to jail?
“Get out of here, Dave,” Jack repeated.
“And I am telling you,” David began, “that I’m not going. And you… and you…. You’re going to love me.”
David couldn’t believe that he’d actually told that to Jack. But he didn’t care. He loved him, and he would get what he wanted. Pulling Jack closer to him, their mouths met in a strong kiss, and David knew that Jack wouldn’t leave him again.

Title: Tradition
Newsie: Race
Pairing: Javid
Rating: PG
Notes: Fiddler on the roof. I crack me up

“But Poppa!” David cried. “You let Sarah marry that radical. Why can’t I marry who I choose?”
“That is enough,” Mayer roared. “I have drawn the line here. There is a tradition to follow, and I am not letting you go against everything I believe in! What’s next, you want me to pull out my beard and uncover my head?”
David turned and fled, knowing that there was no way that his father would ever let him be with Jack. He wished he knew if his father was more upset that Jack was a Christian, or that he was male.

Title: Everything's Coming Up Roses
Newsie: Race
Pairing: None
Rating: PG
Notes: Mama!Medda. oh, wow, I've lost it. um, from Gypsy

Medda knew that she could have been big. She could have been the best, the brightest, if only she’d had the chances. So she made sure that her own daughters would be able to make it to stardom. They would be brilliant. The would be stars. She wasn’t sure where, or how, but she would make sure her brilliant June would become the brightest star in the sky, and Louise would be one as well. She just had to make sure that they would be great. They were her highest priority, and one day, their names would be in lights.
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic
  • 1 comment